| Updated June 26, 2019 with new telephones.
When will my cellphone get Android Pie? For the first time since Android’s inception, this question mustn’t have an answer that permits you to down. That’s on account of Android Oreo launched Problem Treble, a model new low-level affiliation that makes updating hundreds less complicated. So with Pie, it’s not if your cellphone will get it, nevertheless when.
Whether or not or not or not your cellphone helps Problem Treble is pretty simple. In case your cellphone acquired right here with Android Oreo, it ought to embody Problem Treble assist. Nonetheless, if you happen to’re undecided what the distinctive OS mannequin was in your cellphone, check out our tutorial on the proper approach to manually study for assist.
Android 9.zero Pie is a big exchange. The latest mannequin does have some pretty massive seen changes, along with gesture controls and an upgraded power menu, nevertheless what ought to truly pique your curiosity is the under-the-hood changes, considerably in relation to security. We detailed many of biggest security enhancements that are coming with Pie, nevertheless in short, Android 9.zero will make your cellphone so much safer.
Each cellphone underneath shall be labeled with one among many following: Confirmed (with the time it took for the exchange to be launched), Beta, Rumored, Will Not Get hold of Pie, or No Information.
If the cellphone is rumored to have a Pie exchange coming, we’ll label it as Rumored. If confirmed, we’ll hyperlink out to each a tweet or official internet web page to substantiate the exchange is being pushed out. And if the OEM is working a beta program, we’ll hyperlink out to beta pages.
If the OEM confirmed the system just isn’t going to get the latest Android mannequin, will most likely be marked with Will Not Get hold of. And if there is no such thing as a such factor as a rumored or official information, will most likely be marked as No information.
We’re moreover specializing in telephones formally launched inside the US, so within the occasion you don’t see your cellphone listed, it almost definitely just isn’t formally on the market proper right here. Resulting from our give consideration to US telephones, the date confirmed signifies when it reached the US variant of the system. Lastly, we’re solely telephones launched all through the 2 years earlier to Pie’s launch date, August 6, 2018. It is unsure OEMs will exchange a cellphone older than that, as they’re further hoping to push that purchaser to a model new system.
Telephones listed in daring in the intervening time have the regular mannequin of Android Pie. Hopefully, this time spherical, every cellphone on this file shall be daring sooner than Android Q.
Beforehand, ASUS has been pretty sluggish at updating their models. Whatever the changes Google made with Problem Treble, it could not seem Android 9.zero Pie shall be any fully completely different than earlier updates. ASUS has confirmed most of their US lineup will lastly get hold of the exchange in 2019, nevertheless as a result of it stands, the ZenFone 5Z stays the one one.
- ASUS ZenFone Max (M1): Confirmed
- ASUS ZenFone Max Plus (M1): Confirmed
- ASUS ZenFone 4: Beta
- ASUS ZenFone 4 Skilled: No information
- ASUS ZenFone 4 Max: Confirmed (Would possibly 16, 2019 – 9 months, 10 days)
- ASUS ZenFone Reside (L1): Confirmed
- ASUS ZenFone V: No information
- ASUS ZenFone 5Q: Confirmed
- ASUS ZenFone 5Z: Confirmed (Jan. 30th, 2019 – 5 months, 24 days)
- ASUS ROG Gaming Cellphone: Confirmed
Whereas we’re in the intervening time prepared on info for Necessary’s second cellphone, Necessary owners may be proud to know they acquired Android 9.zero Pie mere minutes after Pixel models acquired it. Nonetheless this might come as no shock — the system, which is working a nearly unmodified mannequin of Android, has been the first non-Pixel or Nexus system to acquire security patches and beta updates over the earlier yr.
One in every of many vital perks of shopping for a Pixel or Nexus is the nicely timed Android OS updates. Nonetheless, for the first time in Nexus historic previous, the Nexus telephones just isn’t going to acquire the latest OS exchange as Google strikes in the direction of the model new Pixel lineup. On the time of this writing, all Pixel models have Android 9 Pie.
HTC recently announced they’ll be updating a lot of their present flagships to Android 9.zero Pie. They haven’t given an exact timetable — solely saying they’ll inform us “ultimately” — nevertheless they’ve promised updates to their three newest US flagships. As for the U Extraordinarily and HTC 10, we’re in a position to solely assume their conspicuous absence from HTC’s Pie announcement signifies they won’t be getting the exchange.
Rumor has it that Huawei is already engaged on the following mannequin of EMUI, 9.zero, which runs on prime of Android Pie. Based totally on their observe file, most of their midrange and flagship models must get hold of the exchange. Moreover, a lot of the models launched by Huawei as a result of the end of ultimate yr have launched with Problem Treble assist, making upgrades way more seamless.
LG is notoriously harmful in relation to updating their models. Whether or not or not it’s midrange, entry stage, and even flagship, LG shoppers know they need to not anticipate their system to get the latest OS mannequin for at least a yr. Whatever the creation of the Global Software Upgrade Center, LG has nonetheless solely updated plenty of telephones to this point.
- LG G6: No information
- LG G7 ThinQ: Confirmed (June 5, 2019 – 9 months, 30 days)
- LG V20: No information
- LG V30: No information
- LG V30S ThinQ: No information
- LG V35 ThinQ: Confirmed (June 18, 2019 – 10 months, 14 days)
- LG V40 ThinQ: Confirmed (Would possibly 24, 2019 – 9 months, 18 days) (Verizon & AT&T, Unlocked)
- LG Q6: No information
- LG Q Stylus: No information
- LG Stylo 4: No information
- LG Q7+: No information
- LG X Vitality: No information
Historically, Motorola is among the many best Android OEMs in relation to quick updates. Remaining yr was no exception, with most of their Z lineup shortly getting Oreo. Up to now this time, Motorola has solely confirmed a handful of their telephones will get Android Pie, and all nevertheless 5 haven’t acquired it however.
- Moto E4: No information
- Moto E4 Plus: No information
- Moto E5 Play: No information
- Moto E5 Plus: No information
- Moto G4 Plus: No information
- Moto G5 Plus: No information
- Moto G5S Plus: No information
- Moto G6 Play: Confirmed (Fall 2018)
- Moto G6 Plus: Confirmed (Dec. 31st, 2018 – 4 months, 25 days)
- Motorola One: Confirmed (Dec. 12th, 2018 – 4 months, 6 days)
- Moto X4: Confirmed (Nov. 28th, 2018 – three months, 22 days)
- Moto Z: No information
- Moto Z Droid: No information
- Moto Z Stress Droid: No information
- Moto Z Play: No information
- Moto Z Play Droid: No information
- Moto Z2 Stress Model: Confirmed (Fall 2018 – For Verizon Only)
- Moto Z2 Play: Confirmed (Fall 2018)
- Moto Z3 Play: Confirmed (Jun. seventh, 2019 – 12 months, 28 days)
- Moto Z3: Confirmed (April three, 2019 – 7 months, 28 days)
The long-lasting mannequin has solely been revived for barely over a yr, nevertheless it has already confirmed itself a lot better at updates than most OEMs. Not solely do all Nokia models get widespread month-to-month security patches, nevertheless system updates as successfully. Furthermore, since the entire Nokia models launched in 2018 have been a part of the Android One program, updates are handled by Google leading to even faster updates than these pushed out by HMD. And due to this transformation, all models are in the intervening time working Android 9 Pie.
- Nokia 1: Confirmed (Jun. 25, 2019 – 10 months, 19 days)
- Nokia three.1: Confirmed (Mar. 14, 2019 – 7 months, eight days)
- Nokia 4.2: Android Pie out of the sector
- Nokia 6: Confirmed (Feb. 20, 2019 – 6 months, 14 days)
- Nokia 6.1: Confirmed (Oct. 30th, 2018 – 2 months, 24 days)
- Nokia 7.1: Confirmed (Nov. 27th, 2018 – three months, 21 days)
- Nokia 9 PureView: Android Pie out of the sector
Over the previous couple of years, OnePlus has taken some criticism for his or her Android OS exchange practices. To applicable the problem, OnePlus laid out a plan on how they could take care of maintenance and updates any longer. With this new dedication, OnePlus grew to turn into solely the second producer behind Google to interchange all eligible telephones to Android Pie (technically Necessary can be on that file, though they solely have one cellphone).
- OnePlus three: Confirmed (Would possibly 22, 2019 – 9 months, 16 days)
- OnePlus 3T: Confirmed (Would possibly 22, 2019 – 9 months, 16 days)
- OnePlus 5: Confirmed (Dec. 25th, 2018 – 4 months, 19 days)
- OnePlus 5T: Confirmed (Dec. 25th, 2018 – 4 months, 19 days)
- OnePlus 6: Confirmed (Sept. 21st, 2018 – 1 month, 15 days)
- OnePlus 6T: Android Pie out of the sector
- OnePlus 7 Skilled: Android Pie out of the sector
No matter present layoffs in their mobile division, Razer nonetheless has two very spectacular gaming telephones which can be due for an exchange. With virtually stock Android (aside from Nova Launcher Prime and a few Razer gaming enhancements), Razer has always been quick to interchange their telephones. Whereas we have no idea if the distinctive Razer Cellphone will get Android Pie, the Razer Cellphone 2 has acquired the exchange.
As a result of the number one smartphone OEM in the world, Samsung dramatically impacts the distribution chart of Android. Sooner than Samsung releases the exchange for the latest mannequin, generally that mannequin of Android stays underneath 10%. Sadly, Samsung has solely been respectable at updates, releasing OS updates about six months after the preliminary launch. Up to now, Samsung has improved this by releasing its first exchange for Android Pie in four months.
- Galaxy A8 Star: Confirmed (Would possibly 2019)
- Galaxy J3 (2017): Confirmed (September 2019)
- Galaxy J7 (2017): Confirmed (July 2019)
- Galaxy Phrase 7 FE: No information
- Galaxy Phrase eight: Confirmed (March 29, 2019 – 7 months, 23 days)
- Galaxy Phrase 9: Confirmed (Jan. 31st, 2018 – 5 months, 25 days)
- Galaxy S7: No information
- Galaxy S7 Edge: No information
- Galaxy S8: Confirmed (March 29, 2019 – 7 months, 23 days)
- Galaxy S8+: Confirmed (March 29, 2019 – 7 months, 23 days)
- Galaxy S9: Confirmed (Jan. 29th, 2018 – 5 months, 23 days) (Carriers & Unlocked Mannequin)
- Galaxy S9+: Confirmed (Jan. 29th, 2018 – 5 months, 23 days) (Carriers & Unlocked Mannequin)
- Galaxy S10: Android Pie out of the sector.
- Galaxy S10+: Android Pie out of the sector.
- Galaxy S10e: Android Pie out of the sector.
Whereas not virtually as widespread as completely different OEMs inside the US, Sony has had an enhancing observe file in relation to updates. Sony has recently confirmed that Android Pie is coming to the models indicated underneath, nevertheless there is no such thing as a phrase on their completely different present models, so we’re in a position to solely assume the telephones with “No information” underneath is not going to be getting the exchange.
- Xperia L1: No information
- Xperia L2: No information
- Xperia X: No information
- Xperia X Compact: No information
- Xperia X Effectivity: No information
- Xperia XA1: No information
- Xperia XA1 Plus: No information
- Xperia XA1 Extraordinarily: No information
- Xperia XA2: Confirmed (Early 2019)
- Xperia XA2 Extraordinarily: Confirmed (Early 2019)
- Xperia XA2 Plus: Confirmed (Early 2019)
- Xperia XZ: No information
- Xperia XZ1: Confirmed (Nov. 10th, 2018 – three months, 4 days)
- Xperia XZ1 Compact: Confirmed (Nov. 10th, 2018 – three months, 4 days)
- Xperia XZ Premium: Confirmed (Nov. 10th, 2018 – three months, 4 days)
- Xperia XZs: No information
- Xperia XZ2: Confirmed (Oct. 12th, 2018 – 2 months, 6 days)
- Xperia XZ2 Compact: Confirmed (Oct. 12th, 2018 – 2 months, 6 days)
- Xperia XZ2 Premium: Confirmed (Nov. 15th, 2018 – three months, 9 days)
- Xperia XZ3: Android Pie out of the sector
Not too way back, ZTE has had some hassle inside the US market, even getting banned by the US government for seven years. After some negotiations, it appears the ban is lifted, and ZTE could have the power to renew common operations shortly. How this find yourself will dramatically type the tempo at which their telephones supplied inside the US get hold of updates (or within the occasion that they get hold of them the least bit). Nonetheless as of now, we’re nonetheless prepared.
- Tempo Go: No information
- Axon M: No information
- Axon 7: No information
- Axon 7 Mini: No information
- ZMAX Skilled: No information
- ZMAX 2: No information
- Blade V8 Skilled: No information
We’ll protect updating this internet web page as we uncover new information and exchange timetables for the models listed above, so study once more shortly! Inside the meantime, once you’ve acquired a cellphone that was launched inside the US inside the remaining two years and it’s not confirmed proper right here, inform us inside the comment half underneath and we’ll look into its Pie standing.